So our conversation went like this: This was the day before the election
Trent: Mom, who do you think will get President?
Me: Well son, I'm not sure but I can tell you who I HOPE it will be.
Trent: Well, I know who I DON'T want it to be.....
Me: Who son?
Trent: The (me just cringing as to what will come next) one with the black hair.
How grateful I am for a son who does not classify people by the color of their skin. I would like to think that I do not either, but the world seen through the eyes of child really does bring it into perspective. He is so thoughtful and caring and always worried about others. He truly is a blessing to me.
Friday, November 7, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
I'm not sure what to say here. In the light of trying to remain politically correct I probably shouldn't say a word. I do; however, think that it is pretty cool to be witness to the first PARTIAL African American president elected, but isn't he half Caucasian as well????? Anyway, any election of a President is history and I'm proud to be an American where we are blessed with the right to choose. It doesn't seem like anyone listened to my choice though. LOL
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Well Halloween was fairly short-lived at our house this year. While it was fun, it was just so rushed. The kids hardly got any candy (oh bummer :)) and it seemed like they were only mildly amused. Vale had their last game the same night and I think that had a little something to do with it. As a matter of fact, the more I sit here thinking about it, I'm feeling really bad. I probably should have taken them to a few homes after we did the trunk or treat.....after all, it wasn't cold!!! Can you believe it? I mean, in years past we were always trying to find ways of putting every last layer of clothes we could under the costumes, and this year we didn't even need coats! So that was a blessing for sure.
We did, however, have a great time carving pumpkins and baking Halloween sugar cookies...NONE of this I have picture proof of though :( See, I've been out of blogging for too long.
Here are a few pictures
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Where do I start!!! ACK! You've missed out on so much and I'm not sure how to compile it all together :D I'm thinking that I will have to sit down and just make a mass picture post of the last 6 months or so.
Okay so really quick update:
Nate....same stuff different day....seriously LOL....although we are preparing for a little something in November but I'm sure he would kill me if I put it on here....hmmmm just think Edward scissors hands and frozen peas LOL
Angie....Well I'm making progress with my bucket list LOL Did I mention I made one? I'll have to put it on here before too long. A few of the things on the list: To play guitar and piano and to run a marathon....I've decided that there is no time like the present and I'm teaching myself guitar...I've learned a whole 5 chords LOL I may make a video of my pathetic self when I've mastered them :) The marathon....well it's no marathon but I'm up to 3.1 miles...so my first 5k. One step at a time huh? I'm also loving clogging this year.
Tyson: Tyson Less is doing fabulous. He got on honorable mention this 9 weeks and is working on Honor roll for next 9 weeks, just finished football, and waiting on basketball.
Jake: Jake is in chess club this year along with scouts. He's doing wonderful in school and can spell like nobody's business. He's grown so dang tall that I can hardly keep him in his pants.
Trent: Trenty is doing another year of clogging, loving kindergarten, and just got a citizenship award today for his class.
Eli: Well Eli is just a bundle of energy everywhere he goes. I LOVE this age. He can do anything his brothers do if you ask him.
Sophie: Ha, well Soph is just like the boys. Who said boys and girls were different? She is exactly like the boys and she has them wrapped around her finger. She does wear the pants in the family.
Okay all for now and I'll be trying to figure out how to catch this poor blog up.
Thursday, May 15, 2008
I will officially have three of my five children in school this fall full-time. It makes me so sad that kidnergarten is full time :( I just think we're pushing these sweet little babies to grow up way to fast...but that's a whole other post LOL...Trenton graduated from Preschool last week. He was so excited and they had a great time. They all met out at Rachel's house and Cresta (Mrs. Kelso) had some great little areas all set up just for the kids. The wind was blowing like crazy, but the kids had a blast, a perfect way to end the year!!
My baby!!! Oh my gosh, she's growing in leaps and bounds now. She's still army crawling everywhere, she just doesn't want to get up on her hands and knees. She pulls herself up to everything, stands for very short periods of time with no help, says "momma" and "bubba" and is just a joy. She has such a sweet little spirit. Last time I took her to the Dr.'s she was 18lbs 8oz...I'll take her next week and edit her length and weight, but last time we took her in she was in the 90th percentile for her height...maybe she'll be tall :) She eats everything we do basically and is refusing to take her pacifier...I guess that's not a bad thing....she has two bottom teeth and one that just broke through on the top.
Monday, May 5, 2008
What a special day for our family!! On May 3rd Jake got baptized by Daddy and then afterwards we went out to eat at Winger's....
Jake filled out a "Baptism Spotlight"...it reads like this:
My family: Nate, Angie, Tyson,Jake,Trent, Eli, and Sophie
My favorite food: Candy
MY favorite color: Blue and pink.
My favorite TV show: Zac and Cody
My favorite thing to do on a sunny day: Watch t.v (He is his father's son LOL)
My least favorite thing to do: Play football (gasp)
My favorite primary song: I am a child of God.
When I grow up I want to be: A baseball player.
Something special about me: Loves to tease.
After everything was all done, Trent came up to him and said "JAKE, I can't WAIT to be baptized, you did AWESOME in that water" LOL...I think he was more excited than
Jake was! LOL
And the wedding.....
Just a little background on "flat Justin" everyone was able to make the trip, but poor Justin. He is in Alaska, and just couldn't get away...SOOOOO we decided to make a "flat Justin" LOL...it was rather funny....he bbq'ed, saved seats at the wedding, jumped on the exercise bike, and even took some great pictures with his brother LOL
We've been busy!! The last weekend in April was full of first's for Soph....we went down to Southern California for my Gram's wedding and it was beautiful!! Everything was perfect...from the weather, the wedding, being around family...awe man, I wish I could go back...I miss my family so much. Aunt Toni taught us how to do the flower arrangements and they turned out pretty awesome if I do say so myself. I wish so bad I would have gotten a picture of all the boutineers and head dresses for the flower girls...Uncle Mac cooked up an amazing Tri-tip and Gram just looked breath taking...Anyway, Sophie was an angel and enjoyed meeting her family for the first time. I can't wait to go back next year! Nate and the boy's stayed home, so it was a nice get-a-way for Sophie and I.
I'll do two slide shows...this one is the whole trip, the next one will be the rehersal and the wedding....
Friday, April 11, 2008
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Saturday, February 9, 2008
Okay Mar, I totally took this from ya, but I really wondered if I could come up with 100 things about myself :)
1. I was named after my grandma Jean.
2. I have one younger brother.
3. I wanted more siblings.
4. I have two children that were born with a clubbed right foot.
5. I love earthtone colors.
6. I love the ocean, but am afraid to go in it anymore
7. I overanalyze and overthink most things in my life.
8. My dad died when I was 16 from cancer.
9. I have irrational fears, one of which is dying in a car accident.
10. I love to dress my children in expensive clothing.
11. I love shopping for the best deal, this is like a high for me, which is why I can do #10.
12. My Grandma Esther calls me "baby" and I love it.
13. I am 1/4 Mexican.
14. I love to laugh.
15. I once laughed so hard I peed my pants :)
16. I am probably too hard on the one's I love the most.
17. I have a problem with telling people no.
18. I hate being too hot.
19. I am a Grandma's girl.
20. I had an awesome childhood despite my dad having cancer.
21. I have not been happy with myself in 12 years.
22. My dad and mom's family have an intense love for me and I know it....I feel completely loved by them.
23. I have a nervous laughter which causes me to laugh at inappropriate times and places.
24. I bite my nails.
25. I love to exercise, but don't do it enough.
26. I do not have a pet.
27. I love to cook.
28. I have decided not to have anymore children :(
29. I care way too much what others think of me.
30. I worry over everything.
31. I love going on drives with my family.
32. I can't stand to have my nails painted, I think I do, but as soon as I paint them, I peel it off.
33. I have ocd in that I count my teeth, beats to music, how many steps I take, and when someone talks, sometimes I see the letters on a keyboard and imagine how I would type it. This isn't something I do everytime, but I catch myself doing it nonetheless.
34. I hate math.
35. I know how to play the saxophone.
36. I want to learn how to play the piano and the guitar.
37. I hate hate hate the wind.
38. I never finished college and I wished I would have.
39. I got married at 18, which is probably why I never did #38.
40. I am a certified dental assistant, but decided to be a stay at home mom after Jake was born.
41. I love the medical field.
42. I would love to be an OB nurse.
43. I am almost a certified Medical Transcriptionist, I've been typing for 2 years and I love it so far.
43. I love teeth and it's the first thing I notice about people.
44. I didn't have a cavity until I was 23 years old.
45. I like to be right.
46. I can be selfish sometimes.
47. I love to read.
48. It's hard for me to say I'm sorry, except to people that I don't know, then I appologize for things that are not my fault.
49. I have a real interest in "old" things...houses, recipes, people etc. If I could just have my Grandma back for a minute to pick her brain...
50. I've made huge, life changing, mistakes.
51. I have a hard time forgiving myself (see #50, and #21)
52. I love the internet and probably spend way too much time on it.
53. I've never had a ticket.
54. Sometimes I wonder what it is I'm supposed to become, what I am supposed to be doing, and if I will just "know" when I get there.
55. I am a perfectionist in that if I can't get it done "right" I won't even start.
56. I like hair products.
57. I hate my hands.
58. I need to be more positive LOL
59. I have a terrible memory.
60. I am learning to clog.
61. My favorite season is the Fall.
62. I love going out to eat.
63. I love photography, even though I am such a novice.
64. I love old country songs (Willie and Merle are the top of the list)
65. I do not know how to make bread, although I've tried for years to learn.
66. I have a hard time telling me how I feel.
67. I'm a people-pleaser.
68. I loved being pregnant...I mean really loved it.
69. I like my eyebrows.
70. I like to hear gossip.
71. I love the smell of wet dirt...I want to eat it (now how random is that?)
72. I love fruit and most vegetables.
73. I hate to grate cheese.
74. I love puzzles and word games.
75. I get side-tracked way too easy.
76. I love grocery shopping.
77. I love hot baths, but don't like bubbles really.
78. Christmas is my favorite holiday.
79. I struggle with making new friends, which floors me, because I've never had this problem before becoming an "adult".
80. I like reading or hearing about other people's lifes,accomplishments etc.
81. I broke my brother's arm when we were little.
82. I can braid my own hair.
83. I pick things up off the floor with my toes a lot (clothes, toys, whatever) and I like to see if I can pick up different things...it's like a game with me LOL
84. I love watching Grey's Anatomy.
85. I wish Sophie could have a sister.
86. I am a picker...I love to pick at zits and blackheads.
87. I had braces.
88. I don't know how to dance.
89. I know my husband loves me.
90. I could eat oreo's soaked in milk all day long and be just fine.
91. I am 5'8" and wish I were taller.
92. I love to read.
93. I make lists all day long.
94. I played with Barbies until I was in the 8th grade.
95. My dad called me "pumpkin"
96. I am a night owl, I can't get up in the morning to save my life.
97. I love cookie dough.
98. Seeing someone eat alone or at the movies alone makes me so sad.
99. Music inspires me.
100. I love my life and I'm trying to enjoy every minute.
WOW, I did it....that was hard! It only took me an hour LOL
Okay, so Sophie is the Marsha Brady of the blog I think....I can hear the boys now "How come the blog is all about SOPHIE! SOPHIE SOPHIE SOPHIE.....The only thing I say is that she is totally changing by leaps and bounds...so one more Sophie post, and then I'll move on for a few days LOL
She just started eating cereal, rolling over, and playing like crazy! She's just growing like a weed...
Saturday, February 2, 2008
- ▼ November (5)
- ► May (6)