Friday, November 7, 2008

Through the eyes of my Trenton



So our conversation went like this: This was the day before the election

Trent: Mom, who do you think will get President?

Me: Well son, I'm not sure but I can tell you who I HOPE it will be.

Trent: Well, I know who I DON'T want it to be.....

Me: Who son?

Trent: The (me just cringing as to what will come next) one with the black hair.

How grateful I am for a son who does not classify people by the color of their skin. I would like to think that I do not either, but the world seen through the eyes of child really does bring it into perspective. He is so thoughtful and caring and always worried about others. He truly is a blessing to me.

2 comments:

Aldred Family said...

lol.. love it!

apriltime said...

Wow, I wish that was the way I would describe Obama . . . I have a whole different set of vocabulary for someone who wants to take everything away to give it all back as he sees fit. I think Trenton might have a future in politics!
A